Wednesday, June 30, 2010

absolum.

little wise owl.
i have a bit of an obsession with owls at the moment.
the strangest part of the equation is that I don't like birds, sure I like some birds. Pelicans amuse me, Peacocks inspire me but there is something about owls that I'm facinated with at the moment.
I dont even classify them as birds.


This last image is my favourite, it really shows the markings of the birds.
I'm not sure why owls are assocaited with being wise, perhaps its the all knowing eyes? Regardless I'm thinking that it might be my next piece of ink.

------------------------------------

Alice.
i finally saw Tim Burton's version, I watched it twice in a row.



there's something soothing about the decadence of a tea party, and the budget of a Burton film.
Despite this modern take on a ever popular children's story it brings me back to the original Lewis Carroll novel.


my favourite lines being :
It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.

I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.
LEWIS CARROLL, Alice in Wonderland



the day that being slightly mentally unstable was charming was the day I could breathe easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment