After his introduction to the world in the Banksy directed doco, Exit through the Giftshop, Thierry Guette aka Mr.Brainwash became an infamous name in the world of art.
In a celebration of taking the piss of all things British, Brainwash created a eclectic fusion of street art and pop culture in his London show. Viewed at the Old Sorting Office, a warehouse like space, the show had edge and allowed you to sneak into the world of street art. Highlights were the oversized installations, including a life size king kong, a british taxi cab in a toy car box and the subtle references to Banksy.
With free posters and postcards, everyone was a winner.
Sunday, July 8, 2012
1. Jacket envy. Balmain in blue.
2. Red leather balmain jacket.
3. Balmain, behind the scenes.
4. Back detail, Balmain.
5. Burberry gets it right.
6. Stud vests, no longer a Dom thing.
7. Rack of wonders, Balmain.
8. Brown leather take on studs, vintage edge.
9. Burberry studded leather cropped jacket. Booyah.
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Loving all things black still, I guess I really am a Melbourne fan.
With so many different fabrics and details in fashion, it's great to see the color black be reworked time and time again. From high end fashion to the rocking indie subculture, everyone does black well.
1. Big black Hermes bags, stylish makes a statement.
2. Proving we have endless options.
3. Black, studded, loafers. The perfect shoe is complete.
4. Jimmy Choo for Hunter, a very appropriate pairing.
5. Big black army boots, timeless fashion statement.
6. Fringey and leather, revamping the little black hot pant.
Friday, May 11, 2012
As always slightly alternative pop singer, Marina and the Diamonds dazzles and her Primadona video clip which brings 40s Hollywood glam into a new improvised version, creating pure sex on film. I'm in love with Marina's Primadona make up and desperately want to try and draw a little heart on soon. Perhaps I'll find a cute enough sticker. Bottom lid false eye lashes give her a little something.
|The stunning Marina and the Diamonds in Primadona|